Saturday 19 March 2011

Today's Efforts

It's been a very long time since I had the chance to get some new cupcakes on here. I found out I was pregnant in November so things have slowed down a bit. I also have been useless at remembering to upload pics! There are a couple of others I have done so they should follow soon.

Today I decided to make some lemon cupcakes to take with me to the in-laws this afternoon. So I made some vanilla cupcakes and added lemon zest and lemon juice to the mix. Once these had cooled down I cut out the middle and spooned in some lemon curd. I would love to say I made the lemon curd but as these were a last minute thing I didn't have the time! I then piped and spread on some lemon buttercream icing and added some candied lemon slices and yellow chocolate vermicelli for the finishing touches.

Looking forward to eating these later with a nice cup of tea :)


No comments:

Post a Comment