Friday 15 October 2010

Car cake

I'm just enjoying a sit down while I wait for the butter icing to set on my latest creation. It's my friend's little boy's second birthday and I asked if I could make the cake. I'm going to try to make as many cakes as possible so I can build up my practice and my portfolio. If I do decide to do this professionally I need to show what I can do!
The cake I've made is a chocolate sponge recipe I found at cakebaker.co.uk (here's the link).http://www.cakebaker.co.uk/MakingThePerfectChocolateCake.html  I've used this cake a couple of times and really like how light it is.  The butter icing is a combo of butter, buttermilk, cocoa powder and icing sugar. I have no idea on the measurements, I just kind of threw it together! So here are the pics of it from beginning to where it is so far.  Hopefully I'll be putting some nice pics on later with the finish result!



No comments:

Post a Comment